IMPORTANT: Due to the pandemic situation and the low level of vaccination expected in June, the organization, together with the ECCO board, has decided the conference to be held online, using Microsoft Teams. We apologise for any inconvenience.
ECCO (European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization) is a working group of EURO (Association of European Operational Research Societies) that provides an excellent opportunity to discuss recent and important issues in Combinatorial Optimization and its applications.
The 34rd Conference of the European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization (ECCO 2021) will be organized by the DSLAB Research Group of the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid, Spain) on June 10–11, 2021.
The ECCO annual meetings aim to bring together researchers in the field of Combinatorial Optimization to present their work, share experiences, and discuss recent advances in theory and applications. The primary objectives are:
- exchanging results and experiences in solving real-world combinatorial optimization problems
- reporting on development and implementation of appropriate models and efficient solution methods for combinatorial optimization problems
- establishing networking contacts between individuals and research groups working on related topics
- promoting the work on combinatorial optimization (theory and applications) to the broader scientific community
- identifying challenging research problems for the field, as well as promising research outlets (both in theory and applications)
- promoting interactions with researchers in other related fields
Topics of interest:
- theory and applications of combinatorial optimization
- exact solution algorithms, approximation algorithms, heuristics, meta-heuristics and matheuristics for combinatorial optimization problems
- integer programming, global optimization, stochastic and robust integer optimization, multi-objective programming, graph theory and network flows
- application areas include facility, hub and agent alliances in static and dynamic location problems, transit network design, carriers collaboration and other transportation problems, logistics in direct and reverse closed-up supply chain optimization, manufacturing, energy generation and distribution, land consolidation, telecommunications, bioinformatics, finance, discrete tomography, discrete and hybrid dynamical systems, air traffic flow management, natural disaster planning and scheduling relief, resilience-based optimal post-disruption restoration for critical infrastructures, dynamic resource-constrained multitask project portfolio selection, and other fields
We invite the worldwide Operations Research community to take part of ECCO Conference. The academic program will consist of parallel, technical, special sessions, and plenary talks covering several aspects of Combinatorial Optimization.
Laureano Escudero, David Ríos and Antonio Alonso-Ayuso, Conference Chairs of ECCO 2021